Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweet Dreams



Well I certainly hope that these pillows will only hold sweet dreams for my two little pussy cats.
It was Belinda at http://browndirtcottage.blogspot.com/ that shared with me the idea for making these for my grandaughters. I was having a brain freeze and just couldn't think of what to do for them for Valentines and Voila!!.... all it took was for a crafty lady to put the bug in my ear and I was off and running. Thanks again Belinda.
I have to tell you that here we are approaching the end of January and (touch wood) I have not bought any new fabrics. Mind, I haven't been near a fabric store, so no real temptations there :c)) These cases were made from 100% of stuff I had on hand, right down to the lace I've been hoarding for heaven only knows how long....I very seldom throw anything away....LOL.... I am such a pack rat, I cringe when I think that someday my family may have to deal with all my 'junk'. Hopefully they will do it with fond memories of what came out of all of it.
~~Fran...:c)
.

8 comments:

Bee Haven Bev said...

Hi there....I happened upon your blog while blog hopping. I sure enjoyed looking at your projects! You are one busy gal...and so creative. Thanks for sharing!

Browndirtcottage said...

There you go...These are going to be a HIT with your little gals. You were so creative and frugal as well by using from your stash. I too have horded yards and yards of lace through the years. I've got some pulled out to add to my pillowcases when I finally get them sewed up. Can't wait to hear about the reaction you get when you give these to your girls. Good job!

Patty said...

I love giving pillow cases as gifts since they will be used more than once.

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea and so pretty.. how can they not love them.

Kathy said...

Very cute; those girls will love it.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute...I love them...it sure sucks that I live in Nevada because I would sure love to come for a fancy dinner and get a pillow case like that to boot (did I mention how cute they are and how much I love them???) lol
Love ya mom...

Anonymous said...

Hia Fran they're lovely. I've really challenged myself this year to create some space for new fabrics by using up what I have. Your pillows are perfect for your grandaughters. They will think of their special Valantine Day with you whenever they use them.

What about Valentine pyjama cases to match?

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

What a perfect Valentine's Day gift. I love to give pillowcases as presents.