Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Creature Comforts


And the stockings were hung....on the banister?... with care. (Oh well Santa always finds them no matter where)

Being the smallest member of the family does not mean that you don't get to hang your stocking with the rest of the family...There were visions of 'catnip' dancing in his head, and a surprise Santa if you would..."I've been a really good kitty this year".

Now it wouldn't have been Christmas if 'Duke' had not received his Christmas wish.... a sock full of homemade catnip toys and a 'surprise' quilt of his own! If you take a close up look you will see by the look in his eyes that the cat nip has been put to good use...a VERY mellow kitty, that is after his mad dash around the house and rolling all over his toys...*lol....lol...lol*

I had some crumb squares which have been hanging around for a year or more, and since I only had 6 they were perfect for this little treasure. I figured all those colors would maybe hide the cat hair...*lol*

What??? Do you think all think I'm crazy?.....You may be right...*lol* but of all the members of this family he is the least complaining or demanding one. Now that deserves a reward! And to reward me he has taken to sleeping on his quilt only and stays off the white couch. No more cat hair on the couch. Now that's a bonus...!!
.
~~Fran...:c)



8 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

I love Duke's quilt. I wish my cats would agree to sleep on their quilt, they always want to sleep on mine!

Anonymous said...

It is so good to have you back posting again..
I love the way you hung the stockings on the banisters and the kitty quilt and stocking is adorable.

Kathy said...

Duke's quilt is really cute.

The stockings look really cute hanging and on the stairway.

nannergirl said...

I love the cat stocking!!!! So cute.

Browndirtcottage said...

aaaauuuuuhhh...cute kitty....he must be a good kitty to receive such a good 'bankie'. I must say I think it's too cute indeed!!
Your stairs look great! I was lazy this year and didn't decorate mine. I kinda missed not have the lights on it!

Jan said...

Love your crumb quilt. You are lucky he took to it. I have wanted to make those napkins..going to check it out right now. Thanks for the heads up on them.

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea -a kitty quilt. Here if a quilt falls on the floor the hounds scrape it up to their fav areas and curl up on them. (Comfort seeking creatures!)

Our hounds each have a stocking hung too. :-)

Desiree said...

So...did the all different fabrics idea actually hide the cat hair? LOL! Great little quilt. Those "quillows" are too cool!