Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tree Napkins

I know..I know...I know...Christmas is over and it's the new year and we should be thinking of other things, BUT...my friend Ann Perry sent me this picture and I fell in love with it. I just HAD to share....I asked her if I could post it on my blog and it turns out that another old friend, Irene Puzinas made these and she very generously shared the pattern with me. You can get it at http://home.att.net/~sewandsew/christmas.html The instructions are clear and precise and you can download the pdf file to your computer. The lady who wrote these instructions is named Dee Barber. So go take a look and if you like them you can write a quick note to Dee to thank her for simplifying these instructions.
.
She cut 4 out of 1 yard of fabric, and just look at how beautiful these are. Apparently, Irene tells me that the secret is all in the folding. I can just see these decorating the table for Christmas dinner. For my own table they would have to be red/white or red/green to match my Christmas dishes. I guess I could use a combination of green/gold or red/gold as the plates are rimmed in gold...Hmmm...to the fabric cupboard...
.
I was lucky enough to receive a $50. gift certificate for Wal-Mart from my oldest son this Christmas, and when he visited on NewYears day he said "you and I are going to go shopping mom, and I want to see just what I got you for Christmas". He knows me so well....I would have put this in my purse and piddled it away on household stuff and not have got anything for myself, and he said.."I'm not getting you toilet paper or laundry detergent for Christmas. End of story!"
.
Anyway to get back to what I was saying...I was lucky enough to hit all the sales on Christmas fabric at 75% off and I loaded up. Now when I saw these napkins I thought ...wow, I can make these for the girls for next year and since they are so easy to make I will spoil myself and make a dozen for me also. Now I can get a head start. I never want to leave Christmas sewing to the last minute ever again.
.
~~Fran...:c)

3 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Those napkins are amazing. What a cute way to help decorate your table. I must go have a look see at how to make them!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE them!!! thanks for sharing...
I'm with you about not waiting so late to plan this years Christmas. Getting way too old for that last minute rush.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Fran.

I'm convinced I somehow lose October and November as December comes so suddenly. It's never too early to start making for Christmas.

Well done for finding such a great sale. When my daughter was in NC last Summer, she got me some fabric from Walmart and loved the selection. When she showed me the receipt, I loved the tacx free shopping day price too. :-)

Happy sewing dear friend and thanks for popping over.