Hi there, hope you all had a very good holiday season and look forward to a bright and productive new year.
"Santa" was very good to me this year, I received goodies from everyone in my family and one of those goodies was a new computer. We are trying to set this computer up in my sewing/sitting room, and we are experiencing all the fun problems that you can expect when trying to do this kind of thing. NOTHING...ever goes right the first time....or the second...you start making progress around # 5 and that's where we're at. We are trying to put in a wireless router and to have my own 'stuff' up here there will have to be a lot of file sharing between our computers. It seems that I also had to get a new account with Outlook Express. My new e-mail address is ...quilters7@sympatico.ca... All of our picture library is still downstairs in hubby's computer, have to move that, along with all of my folders and quilt patterns and whatnot's, so please bear with me while we try and work this out.
I always say I won't make any New Years resolutions, but as always I broke the rule and made one.
My goal for 2009 is NOT to buy any more fabric until I have used up at least 1/3 of my stash.
I just love scrap quilts and boy-o-boy do I have scraps. I bought Bonnie Hunters book Scraps and Shirttails. It is an amazing book, you should see all the beautiful quilts that can be made from your old scraps. I've made a promise to myself to make at least 3 of these quilts this year.
I also MUST finish my 2008 UFO's, if for no other reason, that the space these projects are in is piling up......{the closet}...it's getting to be like Dagwood's closet, for those of you that remember Blondie and Dagwood... I can't open that closet without 3-4 things falling out...that's pretty bad...*lol*
I've asked Belinda at Brown Dirt Cottage to keep me 'honest'. Have you all had a look at that beautiful baby quilt she's done? Gorgeous and all hand quilted. Big hand of applause for her.
Spent the afternoon at my quilt guild and now I have to go get dinner ready. I think the evening will be spent on trying to find some Irish ancestors. My daughter is doing our genealogy, and doing a darn good job of it but she's reached a snag, and I'm going to try and help. Wish me luck.
Until next time...
~~Fran...:c)
Home Style Saturday 522
1 day ago

4 comments:
way too cool
Getting a new computer is one of those good and bad things. You love all the new technology but getting things set up and transferred can be a royal pain. Good luck with your computer and your promises to yourself.
Welcome back to blog land. Stick with your resolution, it is fun to use up that fabric. Have made 3 of Bonnie's mysteries and loved every one of them. Got her book also and plan to try some of those this year also. Let's keep each other honest.
Hia Fran I hope everything goes more smoothly for you.
Well done for having such sensible resolutions.
I looked into my family tree. I met a person through Genes reunited on-line who had done a study of my ancestors going back to 1490 ish. Very interesting. Good luck.
Post a Comment