
Well at least it's the begining. Last post I showed you a bit of my kitchen and this post you get to have a look at the old lady who lives there...*lol*..
Concentrate on the two beautiful grandaughters ok?
Only for the love of these two great kids, would I put a toque on my head and go and stand on the square, freezing my toes and anything else that might have been exposed. I swear the older you get the more you feel the cold. The kids were fine, but I just couldn't wait for the old man in the red suit to get there. He's at the END of the parade. Brrrr.
The parade was a hit, best one we've had in years, marching bands, highland pipers, dancing academies doing their *thing* and float after beautiful float . It lasted an hour. My nose and cheeks, toes and my ...humph...thought it was about 45 minutes too long.
Anyway we had fun, we we're 'making memories'. It was their mom's and dad's anniversary and these two charmers we're having a sleep over. We came home, had hot chocolate, warmed our toes and...humph...then got into pj's and settled down to watch the movie "Wally" with bowls of buttered popcorn and all. Papa fell asleep about 20 minutes later and the little one Jaime was not long after him. Brittny and I made it to the end. Later they got tucked in under the 'sleep over' quilt and had dreams of sugarplums. (I hope)
This snowman wreath welcomes you into our warm kitchen. 

This is our kitchen table, look at the neat placemats I picked up at the Dollar Store for $1.00 each.

Last week I gave my kitchen curtains a bit of a lift. I took some cordinating print and I put wide hems and side panels on them. I made tie backs and folded some of the dark print to put up on over the pelmets.


By the way, the 'cat' you see on top of the pelmet is a painted wooden one that I did during my Tole Painting Era.

The curtain over the the window on the door is a small table topper I bought at the $$ Store and added the fancy hem, (it was too short) and put a a rod pocket on the back. *LOL* I have had more compliments on this door curtain than anything else.

I guess I've made this post long enough. And now I think I'll go and finish the soup. It's the kind of day when a hearty Beef Barley soup will give you a warm homey feeling. Fresh Rolls and butter, a glass of milk and that's all you need. Then I will go spend a couple of hours in the sewing room trying to catch up on all those Christmas projects. :)

The curtain over the the window on the door is a small table topper I bought at the $$ Store and added the fancy hem, (it was too short) and put a a rod pocket on the back. *LOL* I have had more compliments on this door curtain than anything else.

I guess I've made this post long enough. And now I think I'll go and finish the soup. It's the kind of day when a hearty Beef Barley soup will give you a warm homey feeling. Fresh Rolls and butter, a glass of milk and that's all you need. Then I will go spend a couple of hours in the sewing room trying to catch up on all those Christmas projects. :)





Well so long until next time....
~~Fran...:c)

6 comments:
Greetings from Italy, in my blog I have included a photo collection on Canada, I hope are interesting.
http://photosphera01.spaces.live.com/
Hello, Marlow
Those two grandaughters are not only beautiful but they look a lot like their beautiful Nana
The more I see of your kitchen the more I love it.. so comfortable looking and I too love that door curtain.
I have had new fabric to make kitchen curtains for over two years now.. I need to get off my butt and get them made.
well....i guess you know i clicked on the first picture of you to enlarge it and then i zoomed in and took a really good close up look of ole fran.....hummmm....very interesting!!!
way to go granny.....been there done that with my GD one year standing in line for 2 1/2 hrs. to sit on santa's lap...yes....bbrrrr!! we're such good grannies aren't we......your babies there look so sweet!
your house is looking great! i assume you like snowmen? i have a collection of santas, but i have to get Thanksgiving out of the way first...since you've already had yours i guess you're legal with your snowmen!!
Your GD's are lucky kids. Reading your post made me miss my own Grandma :) Your kitchen looks like a warm, relaxing place to be.
hia Fran- beautiful collection of snow men. I love what you did to the curtains and door curtain. They look beautiful. The $ mats were a real steal. :-)
I have started a little Christmas makings. Sorry about the 2 blog posts in one day from me- a tad unavoidable.
I admire your stamina! And admire more your decorating. I have gotten really lazy with the Christmas decor. Look forward to more pics.
Post a Comment