Do any of you recall my teaching, my granddaughter from Nevada, how to quilt this summer? She made a HUGE bag/purse and was thrilled with it. She went home determined to make her dad a lap quilt for Christmas. A red, white and black lap quilt. He's heavy into Nascar. She sent me this picture this morning.....
and this one this afternoon. I'm so proud of her I could" just bust my buttons" as they say. Here's what she says after I wrote back and told her she was doing great, and does she think this will be passed down to her daughters if she ever has them, she replied........Hi Nana! Thank you, that was this morning, now look how far I got! It looks so cool, and I am so glad you showed me how neat and fun quilting can be! Tell me what you think of the center! I will definitely pass this on to my daughters! love you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!
The black and white check doesn't like the camera lens very much and tends to blurr, but it is black and white checker flag/like checks. The print is just for the fun Nascar colors of the cars. I can't wait to see those pictures coming in. She's promised to keep me posted. Ya gotta love it!!!
Until next time
~~Fran...:c)

7 comments:
Yippers I do remember you teaching her to sew and the bag she made.
She sure is making progress with her sewing and I love the colors of her quilt.
you have reason to be proud.
That is so cool!
I am very impressed with what your granddaughter did. My grandmother quilted and I remember sitting at her feet and watching. Very neat for the both of you.
Wonderful she sounds like a real convert! Has she read the Elm Creek Quilt books at all? I'm on no. 3 and loving them so will try to get at least the Christmas one as a stocking filler for someone.
My grandmother quilted and it's something I wish we could have done together. How wonderful that you will get to share the joy of quilting with such a creative granddaughter! Her quilt looks great :)
i think maybe you've got her hooked!....way to go granny!!!
Treasured memory!
Post a Comment