We have a beautiful boardwalk down by Lake Huron . It was unseasonably warm and I kicked off my shoes and went down the beach to the shore. I wish I would have thought to bring the camera, but there's always a next time, the lake won't go away...*lol*...
But I love to pick up pebbles, and I usually come home with a pocket full of rocks. Today was no exception...here is today's loot. I look for color, shape, and differences like the little one that's half red and half white. (center of picture) to me they look like jewels of the lake. Some days I'm lucky and the gods of the lake delivers fossils to the shore. I have a load of these.
Everyone has to have a hobby and this is one of mine. The best thing about it is that's it's free, and it includes fresh air and a walk along the shore. All I have to do is look down.I've been in my sewing room so long that I've forgotten what the rest of the house looks like...*lol*...
Well break is over so I'm going to back to the work room and start sewing again. I'm starting to feel like one of Santa's elves...
Until next time...
~~Fran...:c)

10 comments:
the half and half black and white on the far right of hte pic looks intriguing.... moving the beach to your house one pebble at a time sounds like a life-long pursuit... if its entertaining to you all the better :-)
I wish we had pretty rocks like that here.. I'd be filling the house up with them :)
Hi..
I just pop out from Jacquie's blog and come here. Nice blog....
I have been starting patchworking and maybe quilting soon since 2 months ago. Maybe I could learn so much from this blog since I learn without a teacher and a sewing machine :)
I enjoy your blogs way too much to not stop by and see what you're up to. Just wish we lived closer so we could visit and shop those thrift stores together.
I have always wanted to make a quilt, but have never quite had enough courage to start! lol.
I love your stone collection, I too collect stones of interest, shells and fossils, but I live in London in the UK, no shores near by for me to visit, so I find the majority of mine on my allotment, you'd be surprised at the variety a bit of earth can throw up!
we're rock collectors too. my hubby has wisconsin stones in a jar in his office. they're beautiful and they remind him of home.
a walk on the lakeshore in the sunshine - sounds like heaven. pretty rocks too.
I do the same thing Fran! We get tons of tiny shells here too, and if I'm really lucky, a piece of beach glass. I have old mason jars filled with pebbles, shells and beach glass in my bathroom. They help me get through the long, cold winter.
Oh la yep I am the same Fran. It comes from my days of field walking on ancient sites. I can't go past a bit of pot, good shell or an interesting stone without it going in my pocket. I made a friend a mosaic once to be a patio table top. these days I add them to the rockery so there is always something to see.
Your website is awesome!
Post a Comment