
Well by the looks of our yard I think it's official, winter has arrived, and that means SNOWMEN!
Snowmen and gingerbread men are my favourite things to add Christmas flavor in my kitchen. In the basket you will see them together with a little sign that says "Friends Gather Here".
For the next few weeks I thought I would give you all a peek into my kitchen one shot at a time...ok...so maybe 3-4 shots.
My Christmas Cactus's are anxious and started blooming all over. They are beautiful, it's too bad that such a lovely flower has no scent. Here you see the red one along with a couple of snowmen sitting on my freezer. 

And a close-up of the flowers.....

And here you see the pink one on top of the fridge with a bunch of snowmen buddies keeping it company.

So that's my first venture into Christmas decorating, putting out a few snowmen. I've sewed up some new curtains for the kitchen and I'm cleaning and spit polishing all the silver and the crystal. All the Christmas dishes need a spiff up also. Thank goodness for a dishwasher. I figure I only use these once a year for Christmas dinner and the 'gold' around the rim should be good for a few years, seeing they only get washed, twice a year, before Christmas and after Christmas dinner. And if it doesn't?...Well the kids can deal with it 30 years from now. By then I won't care..*lol*...
So welcome to my kitchen. Stay tuned for more ....
So welcome to my kitchen. Stay tuned for more ....
Until then
~~Fran

6 comments:
Your kitchen looks warm and cozy. We've got a lot of snow right now and the idea of baking gingerbread is warming me up.
You made me want to come visit you and munch on a gingerbread man.
Love your pretty cactus flowers. I could never get them to bloom for me.
I had to laugh about the gold trim dishes.. I was never brave enough to put mine in the dishwasher so I gave them to the kids to worry about :) and boxed up all the fragil crystal glasses and stored them in the attic. Now we just use my every day Italian printed ones.
Morning Fran, I love your basket of "friends". The handles on wicker are so unusual- I've never seen anything like that. beautiful.
Did you piece the table topper on your fridge? Lovely work in well chosen colours. It reminded me of winter sun on snow. :-)
Yes I like Christmas cacti too. The bright pink one is my fav. I do have a thing for turquoise with bright pink. :-)
Thanks for the kitchen peek. Here our family tradition is for Christmas decorations to go up on 1st Dec. I can see a few projects being "aired" before then.
Your cactus looks great. Mine hasn't even started yet.
i'm so impressed with your christmas cactus...i tried for years to get them to bloom, with no luck. you have inspired me to start my decorating. i think i'll get the boxes out when i get home.
The Christmas Cactus is gorgeous. Mine are just beginning to bud. Can't wait till it is in full bloom.
Post a Comment