Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway


It worked!!!! .....Well kind of...I got it on the Post but still have not managed to move it to my side bar. Well I'll work on it. But for now let me tell you what this is all about. As the name of the blog says it is a stash busting giveaway.
.
Katy at http://www.imagingermonkey.blogspot.com/ has come up with this wonderful idea to cut down on the stash by sharing it with others, and I for one would like to be a part of this....have you ever looked in your stash and it looks soooo... boring? You wish you had just a little piece of some of the fabulous fabrics some others seem to always be 'playing' with? Well now's your chance.
.
I will try and explain it it but since Katy does it so much better you should visit her blog. Great place to drop by. According to Katy ....quote....
.
"The plan is, those interested in having a kind of chain of bloggy giveaways will also host a stash busting giveaway on the same day. Plus, we will all link to each others' blogs on our own, telling the whole bloggy world about our giveaways and hopefully having lots of people come and visit."

.

I am going to give away...
2 fat quarters..pink/chartreuse/yellow..some matching satin ribbon, some matching green thread , some bits & pieces of lace and a 1995 Quilting book complete with paper patterns that I picked up at a library book sale.
I will draw names from people who leave me comments and tell me what they may want to do with this pretty fabric. I will draw names tomorrow (Feb 5th) at 6 pm to give everyone a chance to get in on this. I'm kind of late myself but so what... I can do it on my time...right? RIGHT! Never know, if this works out I may do this on a monthly basis and try and share my stash with others.


Hope this all makes sense to you and I for one am off to visit my stash busting buddies over at Katy's blog. Good luck...hope you get in on lots of goodies and that you at least get in on time for the draw. She has wonderful prizes lined up.....whoo-hoo!

~~Fran...:c)

64 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wondering what you have to offer, ;o))

or are you just following the other blogs?

hugs

Jana Nielson said...

Enter me in your giveaway please!
Thanks!

grendelskin said...

Please put my name in the hat. As a newbie quilter, I'd probably go with something simple - I'm thinking those fabrics would look good in "whirlygiggles"!
Thank you for participating, and working so hard to get that html code working!

Anonymous said...

me again, love that spots fabric and I'm sure my niece will love it too, as she has her "pink period"
so probably it will be used for a ruffles skirt

Anonymous said...

I think the pretty fabrics and ribbon would make a nice Spring-time creation of some sort - I am not sure exactly what yet! Thanks for the generous giveaway!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

sfer said...

It does make a lot of sense!!!
And with those colorful fabrics, I would like to put together a bag/purse/pouch for my niece, because I owe her one since her birthday... which was last november!!!

Thanks for the opportunity! :-D

Contact:librosfera(at)gmail(dot)com

Laila L S said...

I think I would make a bag, or may be combine with some more fabrics and make a tablecloth for spring and summer.

Brooke said...

Please enter me! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'd make an apron with it! And, I'd so enjoy the quilting book! I love to quilt!

Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
comfortjoydesigns{AT}gmail{DOT}com

Unknown said...

Please put me in the running. Thank you

Shean

stampgram said...

These would be perfect for making something for my little granddaughter. Count me in.

Anonymous said...

Great idea there for sure... one of these days I might do a giant give away and mail out boxes full :)

*Meg Larsen* said...

thanks for the chance to win.

if you want the button in your sidebar, all you have to do is edit your layout and paste the code there.

good luck!

Maxine said...

Oh, I love pink - and spots! I think I'd make a summery bag (or two) for my girls if I won. Or maybe I'd keep it for me - who knows!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Better late than never I say! lol Please throw my name in the hat for your draw. Thanks!
Hugs,
Kerry
kerrykatiecakeskeb43@gmail.com
http://kerrykatiecakes2.blogspot.com/

kathy said...

I'd love to enter!

Momilani510 said...

I would be greatful if you'd enter me in your giveaway! Thanks much!

Unknown said...

oh enter me please!!!

I am crazy for polka dots at all times, they would look wonderful in a pillow for my daughter's bed.

(and well done on getting the blog button up!)

Kim Reid said...

Great giveaway - Please enter me! Thank you, Kim

kimberlybreid@hotmail.com

Marielle said...

These are my favorit colours. I would love to make a bookcover and a fabric box from, it

Beth said...

I would love to be entered!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Count me in, please!

Anonymous said...

fun fabric!

Unknown said...

I love what you have!
thanks!
Nichole

sewfunky said...

Please enter me in the draw and don't forget to enter mine... :)

Anonymous said...

Please put my name in the hat! I have so little fabric and the fabric store is 4 hours from my house so this would be a treat for me. Thanks so much for the chance!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such pretty fabric to giveaway.
Thanks for being so generous.
I would love the fabric as it is perfect for a bag for my daughter who's birthday is coming up soon.
Lynda
lyndat65@tpg.com.au

jmb/craftypickle said...

Hi there...the quilt in your banner is SO beautiful! Hmmmm, I am wanting to make a cute handwork project bag to lug my work around with me and I think those stripes and the dots would look so cute!

isabel f. said...

count me in, please!!
hugs Isabel

Kerry said...

very nice! Please add me to the draw!

Anonymous said...

With those beautifly coloured fabrics I would make something for spring, enough of winter. Thanks for putting my name in your draw.
DianeH
laura84watt@gmail.com

jmb_craftypickle said...

There is a silly Jessica...that is me...I signed in as a blocked profile, so you can just forget her and call me jmbmommy

"Hi there...the quilt in your banner is SO beautiful! Hmmmm, I am wanting to make a cute handwork project bag to lug my work around with me and I think those stripes and the dots would look so cute!"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great giveaway!
maumauisginger(at)gmail(dot)com

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Please enter me...m.

Re said...

I'm having so much fun blog-hopping and making friends this year.

Thanks for such a generous giveaway! I hope I'm chosen as the lucky winner!!!

Beth said...

Super cute colors!! Perfect for a spring bag!

Debbie said...

Hi I love the fabric combo. I think I would make a bag seeing as I am addicted to making them. The colours are my favorite. Wow the mag look great too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'd love to be entered. I wouldn't know what it needs to be until I see it but my first thought was an apron!

Sherry said...

I love your giveaway! I would love to be entered for a chance to win! I love your work! The p.j. bags and pillow cases are so cute!

Thanks again!
Sherry

Sue Cahill said...

Please throw my name in the hat, what a lovely selection!

Thanks for the chance to win.
Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Anonymous said...

If I win this giveaway I would make a little tiered skirt, those fabrics are made to stay together.

Janet said...

I would use it ina quilt or decorating project.

maggie fellow said...

I see a pillow waiting in your stash. I am making a quilt from a 1994 quilt magazine right now. Don't know if I can handle a year more current. thanks for offering these goodies.
--maggie

http://www.stampingwithmaggie.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd love to enter! Those fabrics would be just perfect to include in one of my baby quilts, or for a sweet tote for a special girl. :)

Lisa W. said...

I would love to be entered to win. Thank you! :-) I am also having a giveaway that is part of the OWOH giveaway and would love for you to stop by and enter. :-)

D said...

LOVELY! I LOVE that color green! Enter me please. I think I would make myself a wallet that won't get lost in my diaper bag and will make me very happy when I see it with that fabric. The book would be awesome! I have so much to learn.

Juli said...

I'd love to make a bag stripes on the outside and polka dots for the lining.

Ariane said...

Love the fabric and the magazine. Please enter me in your giveaway.

Dianna said...

I could see me creating something for my daughter. Maybe a little bag or an apron or a quilt for her dollies. So many things to choose from!

Holly said...

These fabrics would make such a cute spring bag!

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

Homemade by Margy said...

Count me in please.

Megan Chamberlain said...

Please add my name to your giveaway draw, I love the fabric and the magazine looks so nice.

Annie B said...

ooooh! I would use these as part of two quilts I am planning for my two daughters...yummy

thanks for hosting this giveaway!

kelly said...

love those colours - hope i'm not too late!

Becky said...

It would make a perfect little purse for my granddaughter. The fabrics are just too cute! I would love the book as well since I just started quilting.

Thanks so much!

dbkagrayson2002 [at] gmail [dot] com

Paige said...

Oooh pretty! I think those would make a darling hat (spring/easter/whatever)!

Anonymous said...

count me in!

nannergirl said...

Hi! I love the idea of clearing out stash with a giveaway. I'd use your bright fabric to make some more whirly giggles...I'm obsessed with them! I'm off to search my stash for things to giveaway...thanks :)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I think I would make something for the grandkids for Easter. Maybe some eggs...

Donna/Sara from Kindred Crafters said...

Hi there
if i'm not too late, please enter me in your giveaway!


- donna

Anonymous said...

I would love to win. But if not, I enjoyed your blog.
Nikki Gould
Texas

Jessy said...

Ooo, this is a great giveaway! I would definately add those pretty fabrics to a couple other pinks and greens and make a baby quilt for a soo-to-be friends baby. Thanks for being so generous!

Wood Violet said...

Although it's freezing cold here today (-27C = -17F!)but my mind in on summer and I see those fabrics in a swim tote. Very generous of you!
Karen

Unknown said...

Hope I'm not too late! Please put my name in.